Tuesday, December 30, 2008

When you're furloughed in Frisco you apply for new jobs

because the Unemployment Office says you have to. They aren't exactly clear about how often you have to apply for jobs, so I've been doing it once a week. Now, I still haven't heard for sure whether I'll receive unemployment benefits, so all of this paperwork that I've been filling out and sending in could be worthless... but they haven't denied me yet. I'm hoping for the best.

So far I've applied to be some sort of instructor at the University of Phoenix (you only need a Masters degree to teach courses there, so I'm covered) and an Associate Dean at ITT Tech somewhere in the bay area. Neither of these positions are jobs that I'd really be interested in...unless they wanted to pay me mucho dinero. And in that case, I might be persuaded.


At any rate, if all goes as planned my first unemployment check will come next week. Score! Then Lots of Groceries and I will be able to buy new songs for Rock Band! In case you've been wondering, Hunticle made it into the Rolling Stones Hall of Fame last night. I think we were playing an arena in Tokyo. Yeah, it was pretty sweet.

No comments: