Monday, January 5, 2009

When you're furloughed in Frisco, you love corporate sponsorship (and the Buddha)



Yesterday I went to the Asian Art Museum. It was free thanks to Target, who sponsors the museum's free day, the first Sunday of every month. Thanks, Target! (But I'm still not shopping there, as my friend Anthony added.)

Of course, as I have learned from past free events, the museum was crowded. Everyone loves free stuff! The Afghanistan exhibit was packed, but we cruised through parts of the Japanese Bamboo Art and Art of the Islamic World without much trouble. I only wish we'd had more time! We arrived at 4 and the museum closed at 5.

We have only one week left of the furlough (or so we continue to hope), so we're packing in the activities this week. On the calendar: Bacon Night at Pop's TONIGHT!, the de Young on Tuesday (Yves Saint Laurent and Maya Lin....eeek!), and the Exploratorium on Wednesday.

2 comments:

RAA said...

The Saint-Laurent exhibit is awesome. The asian collection is beautiful.

Megann said...

I know! I swooned over the Saint-Laurent and Maya Lin. Amazing!