Saturday, January 31, 2009

When you're furloughed in Frisco and it's February, you take a financial challenge

February is the shortest month and so I've always considered it to be the best for making life changes: taking a break from drinking, promising to work out more, and, for me, saving money. If you can do it for one month--28 days to be exact--you can feel good about yourself, even if on March 1 you're guzzling beer from a pitcher or turning into an inert blob on your couch. It's the small triumphs that matter.

And that's why I'm challenging myself to end February with a larger balance in my checking account than I started with. Yes, I'm going to try to save money. Yikes. I've been furloughed for a month and my salary has been reduced, but I'm taking all of this as a further challenge to spend my money more wisely.

Wish me luck. I will need it.

1 comment:

Megann said...

shit. I just spent $30 submitting stories to magazines.